SCHOLARgifts takes very seriously the responsibility of maintaining your personal information. We use your personal information for the sole purpose of providing and improving the Service. We treat your personal information as we would and do treat our own.
By using the Service, you consent to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy.
The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Policy by posting the updated version on the Site. It is your responsibility to check this Policy periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
Collection of Information
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information (such as your name, email and postal address, and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Service, upload or submit any material through the Site, or request any information;
- Your log-in and password details in connection with the account sign-in process;
- Details of any requests or transactions made by you through the Service;
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit questions, concerns, or comments regarding the Service or its content;
- Information you post to the Site in the form of comments or contributions to discussions; and
- IP addresses.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- Identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- Enable us to provide you with the Services;
- Send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
- Present projects to you when you use the Service which we believe will be of interest to you;
- Administer your account with us;
- Enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Service;
- Analyze the use of the Service and the people visiting to improve our content and Services; and
- Use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
Campaign Creators receive the email addresses of their gifters/donors. They receive the physical addresses only if the gifter/donor provided such address for delivery of Rewards. Campaign Creators never receive their donor’s credit card information.
We will communicate with you only if you want to get information from us. We do our best to keep emails to a minimum, and we give you the ability to opt out when we can. We will send you emails relating to your personal transactions as well as certain email notifications. Again you may choose to opt out.
It is important to note that any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose by submitting it in pubic areas of the Service becomes available to the general public, and can be collected and used by other users. Please exercise caution before you disclose your private information.
We will not give your name or personal information to third parties, except for the purposes of providing the Services.
SCHOLARgifts reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or in the good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with the law.
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, please log in and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us.